Position: Sr. Systems Engineer (NMS)
Ref. Code: IIS/AC-C/BM-PR/SSE1017
Intuitor is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our organization, candidate will be responsible for analysing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network monitoring infrastructure.
This is a hands-on role for senior level position, it acts as a primary technical contact and is responsible for:
- Act as a primary technical contact for providing consultative, proactive and reactive support to assigned managed services and maintenance accounts/customers.
- Escalation support for complex network monitoring tools.
- Review monitoring tools (EM7) design, configuration, events, incidents and provide recommendation reports according to tools best practices to manage service customers.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of customer network monitoring platform (EM7).
- Participate in the specification of customer requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced network monitoring solutions mainly EM7.
- Manage implementation of customer network monitoring projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
- Provide technical consulting, EM7 implementation, device configuration, and troubleshooting services remotely through the Network operation centre.
- Perform advanced-level troubleshooting of network monitoring tools problems.
- Serve as a liaison to vendors and third-party providers as assigned.
- Provide remote technical assistance to other resources and to managed services and maintenance customers.
- Provide mentoring to other operations resources, and act in a lead technical or adjunct management capacity as directed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
- Minimum six years of advanced related practical experience. Experience working with Cisco and other networking equipment.
- In depth knowledge of network monitoring platform such as Science Logic(EM7), Nimsoft, Prognosis, EMC Smarts.
- In depth knowledge of OS such as windows, Linux and database such as MySQL, SQL, Mariadb.
- Basic level knowledge of and practical experience with TWO or more of the following and thorough knowledge in all other areas of (as per local requirements): Routing and Switching, Voice and Unified Communications (including Customer Contact Centre), Wireless, Optical Networking, Security, Video, and Content Delivery, Network Management, and Application Networking Services.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, Windows and Linux desktop and server operating systems, standard office, web browsing, communications, and diagnostic applications required.
- Ability to use standard telecommunications hand tools, electronic tools, and test equipment.
- Detail-oriented; ability to think methodically.
- Must possess a strong sense of ethics, plus excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in regard to internal and external customers.
- Must be able to react professionally under potentially difficult or stressful circumstances.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, plus excellent presentation skills mandatory.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly and effectively mandatory.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multiple assignments to meet customer and company requirements and deadlines.
- Self-starter with ability to work alone as part of a team.
- Eager and willing to continue learning new products and technologies through formal training and self-study.
- Ability to foster good working relationship with customers and follow quality assurance practices to deliver outstanding customer service.
Job Location: Bangalore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org