Position: Senior TCP/IP Stack Developer
Ref. Code: IIS/AC-C/ST-IP/TCIP1214
An ideal candidate will have following traits:
- You are a hands-on engineer with significant experience working at the system software level.
- You possess the ability to see the big picture, question the norm, and articulate the problem.
- You can translate relatively abstract ideas into concrete workable solutions.
- You love experimenting with ground breaking technologies that may be relatively immature at the time of their use.
- You are good in identifying the technology trade-offs and can synthesize pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand by judiciously using published and open-source technologies.
- You are a strong programmer and are not afraid to dive in large code bases.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies / solution that exist in the market and translate them into solutions that meet the requirements specifications laid out.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 7+ years in low level network “C” development.
- Solid C/C++ skills
- Expert in L2-L4 network Linux stack
- Expert in Linux netfilter kernel development
- Having worked in development environments for network equipment manufacturers (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia) would be a definite plus.
- Expert in highly scalable, async network architectures that can scale to tens of thousands of sockets. Expertise in libevent or libev async event libraries.
- Expert in TCP semantics. Must have ability to create a reliable transport out of UDP (TCP semantics over UDP).
- Deep understanding of queuing (i.e.: Weighted Fair Queuing) in networks.
- Understanding of bandwidth control, congestion algorithms and congestion avoidance.
- Understanding of Performance Enhancing Proxies and what problems they solve. Skilled at writing robust, efficient, and maintainable C/C++ code
- Proven ability to design and maintain large systems
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional network software
- Previous experience writing telecommunication network code using TCP/IP and UDP stacks
- Experience handling bandwidth, latency and synchronization issues
- Understanding of networking architecture and client-server models
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with peers and supervisors
- Ability to work collaboratively in a group-oriented development structure
- Ability to follow the technical direction of the Lead Programmer, and help assist other programmers as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong technology background is required
- Aptitude to acquire new technology and concepts quickly
Job Location: Bangalore
Email : email@example.com