Position: Senior Network Software Developer
Ref. Code: IIS/AC-C/SR-SD/SND1216
- You are a hands-on engineer with significant experience working at the system software level.
- You possess the ability to see the big picture, question the norm, and articulate the problem.
- You can translate relatively abstract ideas into concrete workable solutions.
- You love experimenting with ground breaking technologies that may be relatively immature at the time of their use.
- You are good in identifying the technology trade-offs and can synthesize pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand by judiciously using published and open-source technologies.
- You are a strong programmer and are not afraid to dive in large code bases.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies / solution that exist in the market and translate them into solutions that meet the requirements specifications laid out.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience in Network software development.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate software which creates and controls network functions running in hardware and software which performing packet inspection, classification, switching, steering and forwarding.
- Create self-service applications and libraries for network engineers to control the network and automate workflows.
- Software development skills in Python with Object Oriented and algorithmic experience.
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python, PERL, etc.
- Experience with networking software (e.g., TCP/IP, IP Tables, NAT, Networking protocols, Deep Packet Inspection, IPV4, IPV6, routing protocols, etc.).
- Experience with developing applications using SNMP, NETCONF and other network management protocols.
- Experience in networks, devices, services modelling and automation
- Experience with design and implementation of NMS/EMS systems.
- Use open source and commercial software services, libraries and tools to speed development.
- Take responsibility for and own the software services you create.
- Working experience in service provider environments that amass large amount of logging data from multiple sources and performing deep data analysis.
- Deep understanding and ability to model databases, schema and relationships.
- Understanding of how API’s from other solutions can be consumed and how API’s can be developed for new solutions.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong technology background is required.
- Aptitude to acquire new technology and concepts quickly.
- Familiarity with latest trends in networking (e.g., SDN, NFV) is a big plus.
Job Location: Bangalore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org