Position: Senior Network Engineer
Ref. Code: IIS/AC-C/BM-PR/SNER0
Seeking an experienced, well-rounded individual in Cisco Technologies. Candidate must possess strong to advanced knowledge of Routing / Switching and Carrier services. Candidate will primarily act in as a Tier 2 engineering support role for a carrier grade network platforms performing various activities. Such activities include troubleshooting, perform changes, upgrades, performance issues and performing break-fix network changes.
- Expert in Installation, Configuration & Support of LAN/ WAN routing and switching issues
- Expert in Installation, Configuration & Support of Cisco Technologies ( such as , ASR series Nexus Series of devices)
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols- BGP, OSPF, TCP/ IP and security protocols- SSL, IPsec, VPN technologies
- In-depth knowledge of routing & switching protocols; specifically, STP,BGP,OSPF,IS-IS and MPLS
- Good understanding of FHRP protocols, TCP,UDP, SNMP, SSL and IPsec
- Basic Scripting knowledge in Python, PHP would be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand / acquire knowledge of the network concept of large scale VSAT networks would be an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing large scale VSAT networks.
- Exposure to Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Exposure to virtualization technologies
- MPLS VPN (Layer 2 & Layer 3) configurations and management
- Should have experience in supporting production environment
- Should be familiar with Incident, problem and change management process
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Accounting Systems/Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 5-7 years of experience in Cisco network Routing and Switching
- Proactively evaluate network environments using various tools and management
- Provide input to network design standards and maintain network topology diagrams
- Consult with various technology support groups as part of problem resolution efforts
- Good in Routing, Switching and Security
- Hands on Experience in Routers, Switches
- Network Management Tools
- Good in Team Handling , Multi-Tasking and working with wider team across the Globe.
- Experienced in Handling Large carrier grade Networks
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong technology background is required
- Aptitude to acquire new technology and concepts quickly
- Willingness to work after office hours if the situation demands
Expected Work Distribution Requirement:
- Work with internal & external customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production – 30%
- Work with IP/MPLS Design team and ensure that the standards are maintained continuously – 15%
- Evaluate new network Layer1-4 protocols and products – 15%
- Implement planned network changes in IP/MPLS backbone – 20%
- Network trouble shooting for complex issues – 20%
Job Location: Bangalore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org